Post Office Recruitment 2023 for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
GDS Post Office Recruitment is a highly coveted opportunity for those seeking a stable and challenging career. With the release of the 2023 recruitment notice, many aspiring candidates are eager to apply and secure their future with the Post Office. This comprehensive guide will cover everything you need to know about Post Office Recruitment 2023, including the eligibility criteria, application process, selection process, and preparation tips.
GDS Post Office Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are important to consider before applying for Post Office Recruitment 2023. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must be between 18 and 27 years to be eligible to apply.
- To be eligible, candidates must have passed the 10th standard or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the Post Office Recruitment 2023.
- Knowledge of computer operation.
- Ability to ride a bicycle.
- Adequate means of livelihood.
|Job Vacancy||India Post|
|Posts Name||Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS), Branch Postmaster(BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster(ABPM)/Dak Sevak.|
|Vacancy For||Male and Female Both|
|Registration Date||27th January to 16th February 2023|
|Edit Application||17th to 19th February|
|Educational Qualification||10th Pass|
|Age Limit||18 to 40 Years|
|No. of Circles||23|
|Post Office GDS Salary||ABPM / GDS- Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 24,470/-|
BPM- Rs. 12,000/- to Rs. 29,380/-
|Official Notification||Check Now|
GDS Post Office Recruitment AGE Limits
Minimum age:18 years
Maximum age:40 years.
There has Permissible age relaxation:
- Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) 3 years
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) No relaxation
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) 10 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC 13 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST 15 years
Post Office GDS Vacancy 2023
The Indian Post Office is hiring 40,889 people for the positions of Gramin Dak Sevaks, Branch Postmasters, and Assistant Branch Postmasters. These jobs will be in 23 different areas across India.
GDS Post Office Recruitment Application Fees
For the India Post Recruitment 2023, people must pay a fee of 100 rupees to apply for any position advertised. However, SC/ST candidates, PWD candidates, female candidates, and Transwoman candidates are exempt from paying the fee.
|UR Candidates||Rs 100|
GDS Post Office Recruitment Selection Process
- The selection for India Post GDS Recruitment 2023 will be based on a merit list generated through the system.
- The merit list will be prepared based on marks obtained in the 10th standard exam from a recognized board of education.
- The total marks will be calculated based on all compulsory and elective subjects.
- If the mark sheet shows grades only, marks will be calculated for each subject using a multiplying factor.
- The selection will be based on the total marks, rounded off to 4 decimal places.
- The applicant must have passed all subjects as per the board norms.
Step 1: Open the India Post official website in your web browser.
Step 2: Look for the registration tab on the website dashboard.
Step 3: Fill out your personal details in the fields provided.
Step 4: Enter your education qualification, circle, and other required information in the “Apply Online” tab.
Step 5: If you are a General/OBC/EWS candidate, pay the application fee.
Step 6: Click the “Submit” button to complete the application process.
- Active Mobile Number and Email Id
- Passport Size Photo
- 10th Marksheet
The applicants who are shortlisted for the Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS), Branch Postmaster (BPM), and Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) positions will be notified through SMS or email. Their names will be posted on the India Post website and GDS Online Portal. The shortlisted applicants have to attend a document verification process with the chosen verifying authority. The divisional head will verify the documents for BPM while the sub-divisional head will verify the documents for ABPM/Dak Sevak. The result of the verification process will be announced and successful applicants will be informed.
How many vacancies are released for the India Post GDS Recruitment 2023?
India post has announced 40889 Vacancies for Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS), Branch Postmaster (BPM), and Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM).
What is the age limit for Post Office GDS Recruitment 2023?
The upper age limit for Post Office GDS Recruitment 2023 is 40 years for General category candidates.
What is the eligibility to apply for Post Office Recruitment 2023?
To be eligible for Post Office Recruitment 2023, the candidate must have passed 10th standard from an approved board.
What is the last date to apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak vacancy 2023?
The last date to apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak vacancy 2023 is 16th February 2023.
Can Female apply for GDS?
Yes, female candidates can apply for Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) vacancy in India Post Recruitment 2023.
Is it mandatory to have a computer knowledge for GDS Recruitment 2023?
Yes, it is mandatory to have basic computer knowledge for GDS Recruitment 2023.
Is there any reservation for reserved category candidates in GDS Recruitment 2023?
Yes, there is a reservation for reserved category candidates in GDS Recruitment 2023.
What is the minimum educational qualification required for GDS Recruitment 2023?
The minimum educational qualification required for GDS Recruitment 2023 is 10th pass.
Is there any fee for applying for GDS Recruitment 2023?
Yes, there is an application fee for General/OBC/EWS candidates for GDS Recruitment 2023.